If you'are the Samsung mobile user, you must know what is ODIN software. ODIN is a utility software developed and used internally by Samsung. So, by using ODIN software you can flash a firmware or stock ROM, even custom ROM to Android Samsung smartphone device. Besides that, ODIN also used to solve a bootloop or bricked Samsung device. To run ODIN you need a Windows OS based computer.
Now, back to ODIN windows. ODIN windows should show the following image when your Samsung phone connected.
Now, click AP or PDA button. It will browse the Samsung firmware, you can navigate to the folder where you put it. Only firmware files with *.tar, *.tar.md5, *.smd extensions are accepted.
You may only see AP or PDA button depends on the version of ODIN software that you used.
Under option tab, Select the following options to check.
Now click Start button to proceed write firmware file to Samsung phone.
ODIN already write a flash file to your phone, you can see this task at the progress bar.
The flashing process will take approximately 5 until 10 minute without your interventions.
Don't do the following task during the flashing process;
Now your Samsung phone will reboot automatically.
If there are not something wrong, your phone will normally boot up .
ODIN also used to solve the following issue on your Android Samsung phone;
- Your Samsung device change from official to custom or modified. And you wonder to change this status from custom or modified to official again.
- Your Android Samsung can't receive OTA update. So, you can't get the latest feature of the currently running OS. Usually, this issue shows up after rooting your Android Samsung phone.
- Downgrade or upgrade the Samsung firmware.
This isn't officially Samsung guide, this is a general guide created by zona-android.net, So, if you interest to flash your Samsung device with this guide, you must do it by yourself, we didn't give any guarantee to your Samsung phone after applying the following guidelines.
Step By Step Flash Stock ROM via ODIN.
- Make sure your computer installed a compatible USB driver with your Android Samsung phone.
- Then, you must have a Firmware or Stock ROM for your Samsung Galaxy phone version. You can download the Samsung firmware at SamMobile.com.
- Now, get the latest ODIN software. The latest version when this guide made is V.3.12.7. Click here to get ODIN.
- Put ODIN software and Samsung firmware at the same folder. Then extract or unzip all file.
- Now, open ODIN folder and right click on ODIN V3.12.7.exe --> select Run as Administrator.
- Once ODIN windows come up on your computer screen, you can go to your Samsung phone. Then do the following step.
|flash firmware Samsung Galaxy S8|
- Power off your Samsung phone.
- Bring your Samsung phone into download mode.
- Once your Samsung phone on download mode, connect it with USB cable to the computer.
- Under Log tab: it will show that phone added.
ODIN phone added
- Under ID:COM: it will show com number, for example, COM4.
|ODIN AP or PDA button|
- Auto Reboot
- F. Reset Time
- leave check at Re-Partition
|flashing Samsung with ODIN|
- Remove the battery from your phone.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Operate your Samsung phone.
Once the flashing process is done and you didn't see any error, you will see notification PASS!, with green background. For the other ODIN version it show Reset.
|flash Samsung with ODIN|
Guide to Flash Samsung Firmware / Stock ROM With ODIN (Step by Step)
4/ 5Oleh Yosandi Woles