ODIN also used to solve the following issue on your Android Samsung phone;
- Your Samsung device change from official to custom or modified. And you wonder to change this status from custom or modified to official again.
- Your Android Samsung can't receive OTA update. So, you can't get the latest feature of the currently running OS. Usually, this issue shows up after rooting your Android Samsung phone.
- Downgrade or upgrade the Samsung firmware.
This isn't officially Samsung guide, this is a general guide created by zona-android.net, So, if you interest to flash your Samsung device with this guide, you must do it by yourself, we didn't give any guarantee to your Samsung phone after applying the following guidelines.
Step By Step Flash Stock ROM via ODIN.
- Make sure your computer installed a compatible USB driver with your Android Samsung phone.
- Then, you must have a Firmware or Stock ROM for your Samsung Galaxy phone version. You can download the Samsung firmware at SamMobile.com.
- Now, get the latest ODIN software. The latest version when this guide made is V.3.12.7. Click here to get ODIN.
- Put ODIN software and Samsung firmware at the same folder. Then extract or unzip all file.
- Now, open ODIN folder and right click on ODIN V3.12.7.exe --> select Run as Administrator.
- Once ODIN windows come up on your computer screen, you can go to your Samsung phone. Then do the following step.
|flash firmware Samsung Galaxy S8|
- Power off your Samsung phone.
- Bring your Samsung phone into download mode.
- Once your Samsung phone on download mode, connect it with USB cable to the computer.
- Under Log tab: it will show that phone added.
ODIN phone added
- Under ID:COM: it will show com number, for example, COM4.
|ODIN AP or PDA button|
- Auto Reboot
- F. Reset Time
- leave check at Re-Partition
|flashing Samsung with ODIN|
- Remove the battery from your phone.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Operate your Samsung phone.
Once the flashing process is done and you didn't see any error, you will see notification PASS!, with green background. For the other ODIN version it show Reset.
|flash Samsung with ODIN|